This Chicken Lasagna recipe has always been a hit at our house. Even when the kids were small they loved it. We are not big meat fans, so I always cut the amounts of meat in half and quadruple the amount of chopped spinich. So yummy, even Brad will eat this casserole until its all gone.
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Tea. Salt
1/2 Tea. Dried Leaf Basil
3 Cups chicken broth (from simmered chicken, or I use canned low/no fat chicken broth)
2,1/2 Cups (1 pound) diced or shredded cooked chicken (I only use 1 breast)
2 Cups (1 pound) Creamed Cottaage Cheese or Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg, slightly beaten
1/2 pound Lasagna Noodles (about 8 or 9)
1 Pkg. (10 OZ.) Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and well drained (I use 4 pkgs.)
1/4 pound Mozzerella cheese thinly sliced or shredded
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in large saucepan. Blend in flour, salt and basil. Stir in chicken broth and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a slight boil; remove from heat. Add chicken.
Mix cottage cheese or ricotta cheese with beaten egg.
Lightly grease a 13 x 9" baking dish.
Place one third of the chicken mixture on bottom of the dish.
Top with half of the noodles, half of the cottage cheese/ricotta and egg mixture, half of the spinach and mozzerella cheese;
Repeat.
Repeat.
End with the last third of the chicken mixture.
Top with the parmesan cheese.
Top with the parmesan cheese.
Bake in 375 deg. oven for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.

love this recipe! and I'm going to *try* it tonight. Hopefully it will be as yummy as yours.
ReplyDeleteit was delicious! I used some fresh pesto (fresh=freshly opened) instead of dried basil. So yummy! Can't wait to eat some leftovers for lunch & dinner today.
ReplyDelete