Monday, May 10, 2010

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

For you Batley sisters, you will remember the Balser's that lived down the street from us in Edgemont. You know the ones. The musical, athletically inclined, muscular built family? I used to go over to Laurie's house to play often. Her mom, Sherrie Balser used to make this Buttermilk Ranch Dressing. It was always sitting out on the counter top to be eaten as a dip with potato chips. This was in the 60's. Long before you could buy it in a bottle or packet. I always have a container of this in the fridge. It's difficult to eat anything bottled and preserved after having this delicious fresh homemade dressing around.

Also, I think that it's been enough decades now that when I give the recipe out to people I should be calling it Bev's Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, don't you agree?

Ingredients
1 Quart Mayonaise (not salad dressing)
1 Quart Buttermilk
2 Tea. Onion Powder
2 Tea. Garlic Powder
2 Tea. Accent Seasoning
1/2 Tea. Pepper
2, 1/2 Tea. Salt
2 Tea. Dried Chopped Parsley

Mix Together
makes 2 Quarts
Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, it will last 4 - 6 weeks



3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I use to make this all the time! Loved it and I need to make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes.. you can call give it a name. But I think you need to come up with something much more clever. Buttermilk Ranch Dressing sounds so boring.

    ReplyDelete