2 Lemons
1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 Container Sour Cream (8 ounces)
1 Container Cool Whip (8 ounces)
2 Packages Lemon Instant Pudding & Pie Filling (3.4 ounces each)
1 Pint Fresh Blueberries (about 2 cups)
1 Square White Baking Chocolate (1 ounce)
1. Cut pound cake into 1 inch cubes and place in large bowl. (Glass if possible, looks pretty). The first lemon will be cut in slices and used for a garnish. Zest the skin of the second lemon and set aside, juice the remaining lemon and sprinkle over the pound cake.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, sour cream, half of the whipped topping and the reserved lemon zest, whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk until mixture begins to thicken.
3. Set aside 12 blueberries for garnish. To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into the bottom of chilled bowl. Top with 1/3 of blueberries. Grate 1/4 of the chocolate over blueberries. Top with the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving the remaining grated chocolate for garnish. Spread remaining pudding over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface.
4. Using a decorator, attach an open star tip and fill with remaining whipped topping. Decorate by piping 12 rosettes around edge of bowl. Place one lemon slice between rosettes and one reserved blueberry on each rosette. Grate remaining chocolate. Makes 10 servings or 20 sample servings.
I LOVE this dish, but I like to change it up. Today at Costco the blackberries were half the price of blueberries so I got blueberries and I used angel food cake instead of pound cake. I used sugar free cool whip, and one packet of the pudding was sugar free, fat free, the other was regular (the sugar free one is only 1 ounce so probably best to only use one). Also, if you decorate the top with cool whip by piping it, I don't think only half a container is enough. You can change it up and use what ever fruit you have, or even a mixture as well as different puddings. It's a light refreshing dessert for summer, I'm off the eat the picture below right now! (source: Pampered Chef)


This looks amazing, but way out of my baking skills..... I'll look forward to eating it at your house someday.
ReplyDeleteIt was way delicioso! Thanks for hosting us last night!
ReplyDeletemy mouth is watering........
ReplyDeletewe will be up this weekend. oh, what was that? you wanna make this for us? okay, sure!
ReplyDeleteBritney
(I dont know why this is logged in as mike all the time.)