Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jalapeño Jelly



This is one of my favorite snacks!  I didn't think I would like it but its sweet with a little kick! Yummy.  I'm going to give them in little jars as gifts for Christmas in green and red colors!


  • 1 cup finely processed jalapenos
  • 4 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup vinegar
  • 1   3 oz package liquid pectin  ( I ONLY use the Certo brand, in the rectangle blue box)
  • 5-6 drops of green food coloring (or any color)

(Always wear gloves while chopping peppers)  When I chop my peppers, I always discard 1/2 of the seeds.  So, every time I cut one length wise, I scrape out the seeds in half of the pepper. 

Combine peppers, sugar and vinegar.  Boil 2-3 mins. Remove from heat 1 min.  Stir in pectin.  Return to boil 1-2 mins.  Remove from heat.  Add food coloring.  Scrape off any foam.  Let sit 2 mins.  Pour into clean, dry containers.  I usually divide it into 4, depending on the size.  Sit for 5 mins, then gently stir one more time.  Let cool on the counter.  Refrigerate after.   Spread on Ritz with cream cheese and totally enjoy yourself!  :-)  


No comments:

Post a Comment