Yes, yes and yes. Yes, I do realize it's hot out and so is soup. Yes, I do make this soup all summer long. AND Yes, I do know how many people are lactose intolerant.
It really does not matter the time or place for me. Soup is my all time favorite food for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
Ingredients
3/4 Lb. or 2 6,1/2 oz. cans minced clams
1 onion, chopped fine
1 cup celery, diced
2 cups finely diced potatos
1 cube butter
3/4 cup flour
1 quart half and half
1,1/2 tea. salt
few grains of pepper
1/2 tea. sugar
Drain juice from clams and pour over onions and celery in large pot. Add enough water to cover and simmer until tender. Add potato's and more water to barely cover if needed. Simmer until tender.
Meantime in a saucepan, melt butter, whisk in flour. Cook for a minute or two. Whisk in the half and half slowly cooking and stirring until the mixture is smooth and thickened.
Add half and half mixture to cooked veggies. Add clams and heat through. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
Makes 8 servings.
Great with some good crusty french bread and a side salad.

I cant wait to try this, Andy loves clam chowder and I bet this is a good one!
ReplyDeleteYumm a licious......
ReplyDelete