Green Chicken Tacos
This recipe is SO simple and SO yummy! I doubled it so we could have some in the fridge to heat up for lunch throughout the week. (That is the best trick I ever learned about cooking from my mother...make a lot cuz leftovers are EXCELLENT!)
6 tomatillos husked, washed and grilled until blackened
1 serrano, grilled and blackened (I used a DARK green pepper cuz I had it)
1/2 small red onion, coarsley chopped
2 cloves garlic, coarsley chopped
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
i lime, juiced
2 T honey
1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (Costo has a GREAT rotisserie chicken for $5, although I used an organic chicken from Lins, which was excellent.)
8 tortillas
1 cup crumbled queso fresco (I used quesedilla cheese but the queso fresco would probably be much better)
Saute the serrano and tomatillos in olive oil. (Can be done in a saute pan over the grill for a more authentic taste.)
Place the tomatillos, serrano, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime and honey in a blender and blend till smooth. Place the mixture in a large saute pan and simmer. then, add the chicken. Heat through.
Place the tortillas on the grill and grill each side for about 20 seconds. Spoon the chicken mixture into the tortillas and top with the queso fresco. (I put the cheese on the tortillas while they were heating because it was a different cheese and I wanted it to melt.) SO MUCH YUM! Enjoy
This looks great! Who posted this?
ReplyDeletebritney
ReplyDelete